Sunday, May 4, 2008

Skating Extravaganza!


On Saturday, my nephew Josh, had a birthday party at the skating rink. Mind you, I have been skating since I was two, but haven't done it since I was about 12! I walked into a time machine and flashed back to the retro skating, dancing, and limbo I grew up with. The only difference? Half the kids are on scooters now instead of skates. It was Jayda, Halle, and Mia's first time to attempt skating. The number of times they fell is too big to count, but they loved it! They didn't get the hang of it on their first try, but they loved it! Nelson and I couldn't "drag" them around the rink enough times. They couldn't seem to move their feet, they just wanted to be dragged around, it seemed more fun I guess! I was going to push Sienna around the rink in her stroller, but she slept the entire time! Nelson, Benson, Alyssa, Brady, and I skated....and let me tell you....I am old. My ankle hurt, from a sprained ankle over a month ago....we old folks just don't heal as fast....my knee was hurting, and the plastic skates did nothing to help. It was still fun, but I felt quite out of it. I couldn't skate as "cool" as I did when I was younger...I didn't even attempt to skate backwards.....although I used to be a pro. We skated to a little Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, and a few others....but was disappointed to miss the "couples skate! " :) It was super fun, and I guess my girls will need a little practice before they will be up and running or should I say rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment