Monday, October 29, 2007

Texas Bound



October 29, 2008

Yesterday we were suddenly told my Aunt and Uncle were going to the temple. Some of you may know that my mom has been taking the temple lessons and getting really involved in church. Well, she lives with my Aunt and Uncle, who were taking the classes as well. The just completed there temple lessons yesterday and have really been trying hard to give up all their addictions. The quit cold turkey and have really been trying to prepare for the temple. They have always known they wanted to go, but just didn't do anything about it. So now, they have prepared themselves and have set a date to go this Saturday to the Houston Temple. My mom will be going too, but not this weekend. She is waiting a little longer to make sure she is "truly" ready. When that time comes, we will be making another trip, but for now, we are making a last minute trip to Texas to see them go through the temple. I am going to be my Aunt's escort, which will be so neat. I am so excited to see my family have the opportunity to partake in the blessing of the temple. I know they want to do what is right and they are trying. Heavenly Father is blessing them in their efforts. I am exited for the time when I can also escort my mom into the temple. These are the most important things they will ever do in their lifetime, and I wouldn't miss it for the world. My aunt and uncle are going to not only take out their endowments, they are also going to be sealed to each other and then sealed to their parents. It is of course, very special, but even more so, because I have already done the work for my grandparents, so my aunt can be sealed to them. We have all been truly blessed. So in regards to my family two down, many more to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment