Jayda's Backpack!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Jayda's "Special" Day!
Today, Jayda and I spent the day getting her ready for Kindergarten. I decided to take each girl (or boy if there every is one...) out for a special day before they enter Kindergarten. So Jayda started the day by getting her shots! Yikes.
All four of them! She was so brave. She went right in, didn't complain or whimper. I knew how scared she was though. But she didn't act like it. Then when it was time for them to "stab" her if you will...she freaked a little, but she still did so well. I know they hurt...those are the painful ones that the medicine hurts when it goes in. Poor baby. So I knew that would be tough, so we took the rest of the day and just her and I went to lunch at The Olive Garden.
It was fun to just sit with her and talk and color. Then we went to the mall and shopped around for school clothes. She was excited to just go up and down the escalators...you know it was just us, so we didn't have a stroller and we could! We found a few things there, and she loved to carry all the bags....
So after the mall, we went to Old Navy and found a few things, then Target. At target we tried on some clothes, and bought a backpack, and shoes for her.
She loved trying on clothes, but her poor little legs were so sore from the shots, I had to wheel her around in a cart like an invalid. :) But she still had fun.
We had a good time, probably spent too much money, but I hope it was something she will remember forever. I will.
Jayda's Backpack!
Jayda's Backpack!