Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn


If you are a twilight fan...and if you are even remotely my friend, then you are...:) you are aware of the 4th and final book of the Twilight series, which was just released Friday night at midnight. Camille, Mandy, and I were among many of the teeny boppers, and don't worry many moms too, who went to the "Breaking Dawn" Party at Barnes and Nobles. It was so fun. Everyone was suppose to come dressed up as if you were going to Bella and Edward's wedding. A few people came dressed up as characters in the book, but mostly everyone was dressed in wedding attire. As was I. :) Camille, Mandy, and I went to Johnny Carinos and ate dinner before joining the festivities. The party started at 10pm, so we went over to see "all the crazies," which I guess included us.
Since the book can't be sold until Midnight, the store had many games and things set up to entertain everyone. There was a trivia questionaire, which took basically the entire two hours to complete, because they were really detailed questions about all 3 previous books. So everyone had copies of the books and searched for the answers. (Including us) There was also a scavenger hunt and a costume contest. There were so many people there...I often wondered if it was a fire hazzard...The line for a drink at the restaurant was eternally long, but we stood in it anyways while searching the books for the trivia questions. I would bet we stood in the line for an hour. At least we stood next to the best dressed "Bella," at least in my opinion! About 5 minutes after we finally got a drink, they closed the store....lucky us...there were a good 50 people behind us..yikes!Right before midnight they had a bouquet toss....whoever caught the roses got to get a free book. This event could have been deadly....I wouldn't have been surprised....but even thought there were a million people..mostly women of course.....I didn't seen anyone pushing each other over for the bouquet....but I bet you a few thought about it. When you think how all the people there....throwing only one bouquet for one free book seemed ridiculous....only one? Anyhow, it was entertaining nonetheless. Sure, we could have went to the party, left, and went to Wal-mart at midnight and walked right in, bought our book, and walked right out, and been home and in bed at 12:15, but would that have been fun? I say to you...Nay. For it was more fun to sit in the book store with a wrist band on my arm (numbered according to the order you picked them up that morning) and wait for my group to be called to purchase the book. I actually bought my book at about 1:15 am. haha. So getting home by 2 was a treat. I read one short chapter (Okay 2) then made myself go to bed so I could get in some good reading on Saturday. Now it is Sunday morning, and I am almost done...so I must leave this blog to finish! Can't wait for the movie! Woohoo!