Today was Nelson's birthday. I had high hopes it would be a great day. I was going to take him Jimmy John's, his favorite, for lunch, then after work we had to go to Jayda's school presentation....then dinner with Ben and Pam. (Who came for both Jayda and Nelson). We gave him his gifts last night because today would be so busy and not a lot of time to do anything....so today he woke up, took the kids to school and had to run to the DMV for a new Texas License. (He has been there 3x this week). Finally, today, when it expired.....it all worked out. So an hour and a half later he pulls out and was just about to put on his belt when, BAM, ticketed for no seatbelt!!! YIKES...Uh Happy Bday Honey. So the day didn't start off too good....what kind of cop tickets someone on their birthday? Ridiculous! So I planned to take him a sandwich for lunch....nevermind you after over an hour in the car and finally finding a Jimmy Johns (yes that is with a GPS)....I finally got to his office in time to eat quickly and head back home to pick up the girls from school! Not exactly what I had planned......I was stressed because I didn't get to finish running all the errands I needed to before picking up the girls and there was no way to go back to "town" if you will...Which is a good 20 minutes to HEB or Walgreens. So that didn't go well. As soon as Nelson came home, we had to head to Jayda's 2nd grade school program. At least that was fun. The 2nd Graders sang a couple of songs and then had a "living museum." Each student had researched a historical figure and had to dress up like them. They were lined up so when you step on the "play" button on the floor(paper) they come to life and tell you about themselves. It was cute. Jayda was Marie Curie...one of the first women to receive a Nobel Prize and her and her husband were very famous Chemists. After the program, we headed to Chile's with Ben and Pam. We were so glad they got to come up and see Jayda and celebrate Nelson's bday with us. It was fun to visit with them and of course the food at Chile's was yummy....but the service was not so good and my ice cream cake that I worked on for a couple of days, melted in their not so frozen freezer apparently. It was all mush and very dissappointing.
In the end.....I felt like I was swimming upstream to make everything great for his birthday....and although it wasn't probably the best day ever... I am thankful that the day just exists. I am so thankful for Nelson and the perfect husband he is for me. He is a such a great dad and caretaker. We have never had a fight in our 10 years of marriage, and I know it is because we both want what is best for each other and our family. We always try to do what Heavenly Father would have us to, and because of that, we almost always agree on everything. I am blessed beyond words to have Him as my eternal companion. I can't imagine my eternity without him. Happy Birthday Nelson. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment