Thursday, May 20, 2010

Happy Birthday My Sweet Little Baby!




Today was bitter sweet. From his little escapade at 2am this morning, then to his feeding at 6:30...I was constantly hugging him telling him Happy Birthday. :) I really think he understood, even if for a little bit, that something was special about today.
How fast time goes when in retrospect. Although this past year has been the toughest one in mine and Nelson's 9 years of marriage, Ryder (having a baby) was the one constant good things that brought us joy. (Oh, and the other 4 kids :). But having a baby is just something different in itself. It reminds you of the possibilities of the future, of the goodness and innocence of Heaven, and of the trust Heavenly Father, somehow, has in you and your abilities as a parent.

Ryder has been an angel from the day he was born. He was sent to us to bring peace no doubt in the rough times. He has always been so mellow and patient in everything we have done in the last year. (Minus when he sits down to eat and demands food. :) But it seems in the times when I need him to be patient he ALWAYS is. What a blessing he has been to our family.

He has had a great birthday. We played today, dressed him in his little shirt with a "1" that Grandma bought him to wear, and kissed and hugged him all day. We sang Happy Birthday a trillion times and he danced and clapped along to "If you are Happy and You know it" a few times as well. He is almost "completely" walking now, he takes about 10-15 steps before falling and I am sure will be chasing us all around the house by next week. Whenever we would tell him "Happy Birthday" all day, he would smile his big dipples at us... I just really think he knew it was some sort of special day.

He got his first haircut this morning. I trimmed the top of his hair, it was getting way too long for the "spikey" do I like, so we trimmed it up and trimmed the back a smidge!

We a fun barnyard cake and had Grandma and Grandpa come over for a yummy dinner and cake and icecream. He opened is presents...or should I say the girls opened his presents....he was just trying to play with them before they yanked them out of his hands. I let the girls each pick one thing for him at the dollar store...
Jayda got him so Maracas (decorated with the Disney "cars"), Halle got him a Spider-Man Kite (but I think she plans on it being hers), Mia got him a rubber snake he loves....and Sienna got him a hulk bouncy ball. :) They loved picking stuff out for him and surprisingly it wasn't junk. He loves it all! My sister got him a cute sports toy, and Grandma and Grandpa got him some cute, much needed, clothes.

We were sad to not have a big party, and not be near a bunch of friends and family, but we had a good day.

Happy Birthday Baby Boy. Mom and Dad love you tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment