Thursday, November 15, 2007
Being Thankful!
I have a lot to be thankful for this time of year. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of every day we are so busy we don't have time to remember all the blessings we have in our lives. As for me, I am too worried about cleaning my house, folding laundry, doing the dishes, mopping the floors, and paying bills that I forget to appreciate the greatest blessings I have, my husband and my children. Everyday is full of chaos and busy lives, and we seldom seem to really take time for each other except on Monday, when we are asked to. I often wonder why we, people in general, are so apt to take on more than we can handle. Why do we constantly want more things to do, more things to keep us busy. Why is it at noon, I am still not dressed, my house still isn't clean, the girls' hair is still not fixed, and I am already overwhelmed for the day? I wish is was because I was reading books all morning to the girls and playing, that the day slipped away from us. But it usually is just that by the time I exercised and showered, made breakfast, straighten the house, not cleaned it, but straightened, made lunch, somehow got the girls out of the clothes they dressed themselves in and into some that match....it is noon and we are still not ready....no one's hair is fixed, and even in the corners of the house are unfolded laundry, toys, books,and who knows what else. What is my point? Even in my everyday frustration and list of chores and things to do, I am still so thankful that I have dirty laundry to wash, clean laundry to fold, four little heads of hair to fix in some way each morning...or afternoon...even sometimes evening :) Yes, for those of you who seem for some reason to think that my kids are always dressed, fixed up, and pretty...the truth- somehow you have been deceived, they are not always perfectly dressed and ready for the day. I am glad I have a husband who can come home and appreciate even the little "straightening" that I have done...Who works hard and runs his own business to help make ends meet. I am thankful I can say my prayers each night and try to be a better wife and mom the next day. I am thankful for forgiving little spirits , and one big one, who love their mom (and wife) no matter what she does, and who can only remember the good stuff. In the end, the most important thing is that we are raising our children righteously and preparing them for the eternities, rather than sweating the small things like house work. In the end, it is really just the "good stuff" that matters. May we all have more of the "good stuff" this week as we reflect on the blessing in our lives. For they truly are innumerable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment