Friday, May 1, 2015

My Grandmother, Mia

 My 95 year old Grandmother passed away on Monday, April 27th. She was a fiesty, red head who never cared if she spoke her mind. She lived a long life and out lived her husband by more than 15 years, so hers, though sad for us, was a happy departure. I know the reunion taking place with her and her husband and family on that day was glorious.

I was so happy to have been able to facetime her the week before and let her know I love her and was thining of her. She wasn't able to talk by then, but she could see me and she blinked with understanding. I am grateful for that experience.

Nelson and I took a last minute trip to Miami for her funeral. It was a much needed vacation of sorts. We enjoyed seeing all of my dad's side of the family. For one short day (Wednesday) all of us were there for the first time probably in 20+ years.

The funeral was great and it was so nice to see family we haven't seen in awhile. We also, of course, enjoyed some delicious cuban food...because there is never a limit to cuban sandwiches!

The kids survived without us, barely....if you ask some of them. But it was nice to be able to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment