Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

We had a fabulous Christmas! My dad came down a few days before and we got to have lunch with him, Laura, and Renata. Then later my mom, step-dad, aunt and uncle came to stay for Christmas. We had so much fun with all of them at our house. We played fun games like sniff the broom :), ate lots of yummy food, went and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks, went to church and just enjoyed each other's company. It was a fun holiday. The kids, as usual, got too much stuff and were a little spoiled. That is because they have too many grandparents and an aunt who spoil them. :) Nelson and I have started doing a certain number of gifts. They always get pjs the night before...but our new tradition is to only give them each 3 gifts. A gift of love (something homemade), a gift of Christ (something to do with Jesus), and a gift of fun (something they want). It worked really well this year. I made all the girls cute little hats, and the boys got church quiet books. I really like this idea ( which I got from a friend) and am glad to be able to focus more on the spirit of Christmas and less on buying things. It was a great year. Here are a few pics:




No comments:

Post a Comment