Sunday, September 14, 2008
Politics & Opinions
Well, I have been thinking a lot about all these "politics" we are exposed to, especially right before an election. Since I have a degree in Political Science, I of course take an interest in politics. I have friends that are on both sides of the board. As for myself. I just fit in the middle. I get tired of the dirt slinging between candidates, all their employees who want to work in the white house, and all their followers. The truth of the matter is....it's all a bunch of crap. In the end....what matters is what will happen to me and my family when the next president takes office. I could give a rip about if Obama replaced a flag on his plane or even if he didn't. If I supported him, it wouldn't matter. Him not having experience wouldn't matter either. Who cares who has more experience? I don't. Is it really that important? Great people can do great things without having done them before. It happens everyday. I like Sarah Palin a lot, and I think it is great she has experience, but I am not voting for her because of that. That is jut a bonus if she becomes the next VP. I am not voting for her because she is a woman either. I think it is great that history will be changed whether Obama or McCain win. That is great progress in America. And yet, what progress have we made in choosing and electing our officials? None, we seems to be regressing. Why must people demean others to win something? Do they think we as voters will choose who to vote for according to those shallow remarks, unimportant and un-related to our "well-being" issues? Maybe some people do...Whether Obama has a flag on his plane makes no difference in whether I will be able to afford my house next year, or my husband's business will still be operating. Who I choose is based on my opinion of what I want for my family and the future of this country. I choose freedom. I choose safety and comfort. I choose someone who, to me, seems like me. Let's get this straight...not McCain. Palin. If we can't have a great President...then lets have a great Vice President. What do I know about her. I know she is a great Governor of Alaska. I know she has done great things for them. I have a sister in law that lives there and swears by her. As well as many other people. Yes, of course there will be people who live there who don't, and that's okay. That is why we are American. We can choose. I have made my choice. I know why. I couldn't care about anything else. People twist facts, lies, and anything they can to get what they want. Things about people on both sides. Is it important? Somethings are, some things are not. Decide what is important to you, and choose. Honestly, though some may believe....the world will not come to an end when the next President is chosen. We may be happy or we may be sad...but both Presidents, I truly believe, are fighting for this country to do well. They both want America to be great. We can all trust in that. Why don't we build on common beliefs instead of tearing each other down. Agree to disagree...because that is what makes us different. That is what makes us America. Then cast our vote..hope it goes our way, and live with the results regardless. Life will go on. We make our own lives better by just believing in and fighting for a cause. Sometimes we may not get what we want, but in the end, there is something greater, more important than anything else that will bring us peace with no matter what the outcome. God Bless America.