Thursday, September 27, 2007

Zippitee Doo Dah!

>Labor Day Weekend, we camped out at the Heber Valley Retreat, where we had the opportunity to do team building excericises and ride on the zip line. The zip line consisted of climbing up a fat telephone poll, where the pegs you climb on got further and further apart, then you get up to another telephone poll you are suppose to walk across by holding onto a string, "supposedly" harnessed to a twig of a lady on the ground....then you cross and sit, then "zip" off the platform. Well, sounds easier than it is. :) At least for some of us. As the first girl to go, I was terrified. I am scared of heights anyways, so there you have it. I got up there and my everything was shaking...thought I couldn't even walk, how was I going to cross that log? Nevertheless after many scowls and remarks from my "so called" supportive family, I finally crossed and let out a sigh of relief as I zipped off the platform, to another missionary worker telling me I would hit the oncoming poll...his own little joke for each of us. :) I was relieved to do it and be done for sure. As others went, they realized how high it "really" was and seemed to be shaking as well. And as for the little ones. Well, some of them walked across that tall log as if they do it everyday....and the tiny tots got to cheat and be hooked on, pulled up to the highest point, and then let go to zip right down. It was of course loads of fun, and we wished everyone could have been there to do it with us. :) Enjoy the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment